The Triangulate modifier converts all faces in a mesh (whether it be quads or N-gons) to triangular faces.
This modifier does the exact same function as the triangulate function
Ctrl-T in Edit Mode.
- Quad Method:
- Split the quads in nice triangles, slower method.
- Split the quads on the 1st and 3rd vertices.
- Fixed Alternate
- Split the quads on the 2nd and 4th vertices.
- Shortest Diagonal
- Split the quads based on the distance between the vertices.
- Ngon Method:
- Arrange the new triangles nicely, slower method.
- Split the ngons using a scanfill algorithm.